Interview Questions for Customer Service Consultants:
1. What is your definition of good customer service?
Demonstrates candidates' understanding of the role.
2. What steps have you taken to improve your customer service skills?
Indicates candidates' current knowledge of industry trends and innovations as well as candidates' willingness to learn and improve their skills.
3. If a customer called to complain about a product they had bought, how would you work in an up-sell for a related product?
Demonstrates candidates' customer service skills as well as their sales abilities.
4. Describe a time you resolved a particularly difficult customer complaint. What steps did you take?
Demonstrates candidates' problem-solving and critical thinking skills as well as past work experience.
5. Do you think it's important to work collaboratively with other customer service consultants? Why or why not?
Indicates customers' team-working skills.