Country Managers represent their company in a foreign country. Country Managers work within growing industries experiencing global expansion. They manage all operations in a particular region, including recruitment, budgets, planning, and submitting reports. Country Managers might also require specialized skill sets and industry-related knowledge.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Country Manager Job Description Template
We are searching for a self-motivated Country Manager to help with organization expansion. The Country Manager will lead all operations to ensure the profitability of the company's affiliate. Responsibilities include recruitment and training, writing budgets and reports, and assessing performance. You should also be comfortable living abroad.
To be successful as a Country Manager, you should be a competent public speaker and have good networking abilities. Outstanding candidates should be able to work without supervision and demonstrate cultural sensitivity.
Country Manager Responsibilities:
- Liaising with head office and writing up quarterly/annual reports.
- Recruiting, vetting, and training all new staff.
- Researching the country or region thoroughly and adapting strategies accordingly.
- Monitoring performance at all levels and scheduling training as required.
- Implementing an effective brand strategy and ensuring consistency.
- Building professional relationships with staff and clients.
- Maintaining a good image of the organization at all times.
Country Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management or a related field (preferably a Master's degree).
- Postgraduate degree in Sales, Finance, or similar is also acceptable.
- A good knowledge base of the country/region, and a willingness to learn.
- The ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Good people-management skills.
- Experience living abroad is advantageous.
- Sensitivity to different cultural norms.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources