District Managers oversee the operations of multiple stores within a region. Their primary responsibilities include recruiting and training store managers, setting regional goals and ensuring that the stores under their supervision adhere to company and industry regulations.
District Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a results-oriented candidate with excellent interpersonal skills for the position of District Manager. District Managers are responsible for setting regional goals such as sales estimates and revenue projections, ensuring that marketing efforts are consistent across each store, managing a regional budget and ensuring that each store operates within the budget, among other duties.
District Managers will oversee the hiring, training and firing of store managers, requiring bold decision making and leadership skills.
District Manager Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, training and disciplining store managers.
- Ensuring operational efficiency in each store.
- Ensuring that marketing efforts are consistent across each store.
- Setting regional goals such as sales estimates and revenue projections.
- Ensuring that the stores under their supervision adhere to company and industry regulations.
- Ensuring that all stores meet safety and cleanliness standards.
- Managing a regional budget and ensuring that each store operates within the budget.
- Monitoring each store's P&L reports.
- Addressing operational problems that arise.
- Liaising between regional branches and company headquarters.
- Ensuring that customer service levels are consistent across stores.
- Making recommendations to senior management.
District Manager Requirements:
- Degree in Business Management or related field.
- 5+ years in retail management.
- Quantitative aptitude and experience managing budgets.
- Leadership and decision-making ability.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving skill.