Counter Attendant Job Description Template
We are looking for a personable counter attendant to welcome our guests in a friendly and polite manner. The counter attendant’s responsibilities include maintaining cleanliness, attending to customers’ requests, serving food or packaging it for takeaway, and accepting payments.
To be successful as a counter attendant, you will carefully listen to customers to ensure accuracy when taking requests and demonstrate exceptional problem-solving abilities. A top-notch counter attendant should always strive to deliver outstanding customer service.
Counter Attendant Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers as they arrive and making them feel welcome.
- Directing customers to their seats and the restroom, answering questions about the menu, and making note of special requests, if required.
- Serving food to diners from a counter or, if seated, taking their orders.
- Communicating food and drink orders to the kitchen staff.
- Assembling and packaging takeaway orders.
- Maintaining cleanliness standards by keeping the counters, tableware, and utensils clean.
- Replenishing food supplies when required.
- Presenting customers with the bill and processing payments.
- Complying with company policies.
Counter Attendant Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Previous customer service experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of promoting, selling, and packaging food products.
- The ability to process bills and cash registers.
- Experience working with POS systems.
- The ability to adhere to and uphold sanitization standards.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- A positive attitude and a polite and friendly demeanor.