Interview Questions for Counter Attendants:
1. How do you motivate yourself to remain friendly and polite to customers?
Evaluates the emphasis the candidate places on delivering excellent customer service at all times.
2. A customer calls to say you gave them the wrong order. What steps would you take to remedy the situation?
Assesses the candidate’s ability to take ownership of mistakes and to redress them.
3. What experience do you have working with cash registers and POS systems?
Determines the candidate’s familiarity with a variety of payment systems.
4. How do you maintain health and hygiene standards in establishments you've worked in?
Highlights the candidate’s attitude to health and sanitization.
5. What is a valuable lesson you've learned from making mistakes as a counter attendant?
Evaluates the candidate’s ability to acknowledge and learn from past mistakes.