Interview Questions for Corrections Officers:
1. What personality qualities do you think are important for corrections officers?
Tests the candidate's understanding of what sort of person is expected for this role.
2. What is the most stressful experience you've had in your previous work, and how did you overcome it?
Tests the candidate's ability to act effectively under pressure and manage a crisis.
3. What do you think the role of a correctional facility is?
Tests whether or not the candidate's views align with the goals and expectations of your facility.
4. What would you do if an officer was engaged in a physical fight with a prisoner?
Tests the candidate's ability to break up and deescalate conflicts, and to act decisively under pressure.
5. Can you tell us about a time you used communication to prevent something bad from happening?
Tests the candidate's communication and interpersonal skills.