Copier technicians are technical specialists who install, service, and repair printers, scanners, and copiers. Their duties include traveling to clients' homes or businesses, performing maintenance, troubleshooting problems, and repairing faulty equipment. They may also be required to write diagnostic reports and provide clients with training.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Copier Technician Job Description Template
We are searching for a highly-skilled copier technician to install, service, and repair a variety of printers, copiers, and scanners. In this role, you will be required to set up new systems, perform routine maintenance, and resolve technical issues. You should be able to accurately diagnose faulty equipment and implement effective repairs.
To ensure success as a copier technician, you should have good knowledge of copier and printer technology, great analytical thinking abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills. Ultimately, a top-notch copier technician should demonstrate exceptional problem-solving abilities, and be able to provide customers with in-depth training and support.
Copier Technician Responsibilities:
- Setting up and installing new printers, copiers, scanners, and copier management software.
- Providing routine service and maintenance to copiers, scanners, printers, and fax machines.
- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctioning cartridges, printers, and copiers.
- Writing diagnostic reports and training manuals.
- Providing demonstrations and customer training.
- Managing orders and stock of new equipment, parts, and materials.
- Providing excellent customer support and service.
- Managing schedules and customer emergencies.
- Keeping abreast of the latest technologies and practices in the industry.
Copier Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- CompTIAA+ or Network+ certification preferred.
- At least two years' experience as a copier technician.
- Good knowledge of copier and printer technology.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transport.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of computer and copier management software such as MS Office, Xerox, and Ricoh.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to work unscheduled hours or attend to client emergencies after hours.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources