Contact Tracer Job Description Template
We are seeking a dedicated contact tracer to assist us in our efforts to limit the spread of contagious diseases. In this role, your duties will include determining who had contact with diagnosed patients, conducting remote assessments of symptoms, and ensuring that those placed under quarantine comply with isolation regulations.
To ensure success, contact tracers should possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in an environment where strict adherence to policies and procedures is required. First-class candidates exhibit sound judgment and exceptional interpersonal skills.
Contact Tracer Responsibilities:
- Coordinating contact tracing efforts with supervisors and case investigators from the Local Health Department.
- Conducting interviews in a professional manner that reflects emotional and cultural awareness.
- Collecting and recording accurate information using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Calling newly diagnosed patients to trace individuals they had contact with and determining exposure.
- Interviewing traced contacts, assessing symptoms, and referring them for testing.
- Providing contacts with regulated information on isolation and quarantine procedures.
- Collaborating with designated local authorities in supporting the isolation and quarantine of individuals.
- Maintaining ongoing virtual communication to monitor symptoms.
- Facilitating health checks and test, as well as referring contacts to available community resources.
- Complying to all Health Department regulations, including those aimed at protecting personal information.
Contact Tracer Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- College-level education preferred.
- Proficiency in CRM software, such as HubSpot and Zoho.
- Advanced proficiency in English, additional languages would be advantageous.
- Access to a telephone, computer, and reliable internet connection.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook Express, as well as data entry.
- Ability to comply with regulations and communicate official information in an appropriate manner.
- Advanced ability to coordinate efforts, facilitate intervention, and maintain records.
- Exceptional organizational skills and sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to assist distressed individuals from different cultural backgrounds.