Interview Questions for Support Workers:
1. What made you want to work as a support worker?
Highlights the candidate’s empathetic nature and pertinent skills.
2. What information should you have before designing a care plan for a client?
Demonstrates the candidate’s communication skills and experience designing care plans.
3. What experience do you have with basic healthcare?
Reveals areas of expertise and highlights gaps in knowledge.
4. What do you think is the most difficult part of being a support worker?
Reveals honesty and highlights possible areas of concern.
5. How would you deal with a situation where a client suddenly started to refuse care?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to deal with stressful situations and highlights relevant interpersonal skills.