Construction Engineer Job Description Template
We are seeking a results-driven construction engineer to manage our construction project. You will be contributing to the planning and design of the project, allocating resources to each of the project's stages, and overseeing the engineering processes of our construction project.
To ensure success as a construction engineer, you should demonstrate extensive experience as a construction engineer and the ability to provide leadership. An accomplished construction engineer will be someone whose expertise in construction engineering results in constructions that are cost-effective and structurally sound.
Construction Engineer Responsibilities:
- Managing the planning and design stages of construction projects.
- Contributing technical expertise to project drawings and designs.
- Performing cost calculations and preparing financial projections.
- Preparing work schedules in collaboration with the project manager.
- Liaising between contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Overseeing construction engineering processes.
- Performing regular tests on materials and procedures to ensure compliance with industry regulations.
- Ensuring that the construction project is completed on time and within budget.
- Documenting processes and keeping detailed construction logs.
- Presenting construction project progress updates to clients and senior managers.
Construction Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, civil engineering technology, or similar.
- State-approved license.
- At least 2 years experience as a construction engineer in the relevant field of specialization.
- Advance proficiency in construction management software, such as BuildSmart and Smartsheet.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry regulations.
- Exceptional leadership, project management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Great mathematical, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Availability to visit the construction site outside of business hours, when relevant.