Concrete Finishers pour, level and smooth concrete for surfaces such as roads, curbs, floors, and sidewalks. Duties may include cutting expansion joints with a power saw, aligning forms to desired depth and pitch, directing the casting of concrete, preparing and cleaning surface areas, and completing moldings using a variety of hand-held and power tools.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Concrete Finisher Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced Concrete Finisher who can expertly pour, level and smooth concrete on a variety of surfaces including roads, sidewalks, curbs, and floors. You may also be required to set the forms that hold the concrete in place, patch existing surfaces, cut expansion joints and monitor the curing of the concrete to ensure a high-quality finish.
To be a successful Concrete Finisher, you must possess the skills necessary for the trade and be familiar with the latest concrete pouring technology. We are looking for someone who can work shifts if necessary, over weekends, and at night. You should also be physically fit and be able to stand for long periods of time, work on your knees, lift heavy materials, and work outdoors in high heat and cold weather.
Concrete Finisher Responsibilities:
- Setting forms that hold concrete in place.
- Cleaning and inspecting surfaces for pouring issues.
- Directing the casting of the concrete with the truck driver.
- Pouring, smoothing and leveling concrete using a rake, trowel, float and screed. This includes handheld tools and power tool versions.
- Monitoring the effects of the weather on the curing process.
- Applying sealing and hardening components.
- Safely operating power vibrator to ensure concrete is compacted.
- Molding and constructing expansion joints using joiners and edging tools.
- Polishing surface using a power surfacing machine.
Concrete Finisher Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Minimum 2 years' work experience as a concrete laborer or mason.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Ability to lift heavy materials and work long hours.
- Ability to kneel for long periods.
- Knowledge of hand-held and power tools including power vibrators, polishers, cutting saws, and edging tools.
- Able to work shifts, at night and on public holidays as required.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources