Concrete Finishers are highly-trained individuals who pour, level, and smooth concrete for construction purposes. They are responsible for setting forms, directing the casting of concrete, and ensuring the surface achieves a smooth and level setting while curing.
When interviewing a Concrete Finisher, the most suitable candidate will possess a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and proven work experience in the field. Concrete Finishers are often required to work for long hours on their knees and lift heavy materials at times. Be wary of candidates that are not physically fit or willing to work nights.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Concrete Finishers:
1. Why is it important to have a Concrete Finisher on a job site?
Demonstrates the candidate’s understanding of their role in the company.
2. What is the most important stage of the concrete pouring and curing process?
Demonstrates detailed knowledge about how a candidate executes their work.
3. Do you think there is an artistic element to this position?
Demonstrates the candidate’s personality and views on the type of work they will be required to perform.
4. How do you avoid accidents and injuries on a job site?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge about work safety on an active job site.
5. How would you handle a situation where the concrete mix has gone wrong and cannot be smoothed properly?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to deal with stressful situations and how they resolve issues.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources