Also known as computer support technicians, computer assistants provide technical support to customers across a wide range of hardware and software systems. Their responsibilities include installing new hardware and software, troubleshooting issues, and implementing repairs and updates to computer systems.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Computer Assistant Job Description Template
We are searching for a talented computer assistant to monitor, diagnose, and resolve technical issues associated with a range of hardware and software systems. As a computer assistant, you will be required to help customers by setting up user accounts, installing operating systems, and provide training on new software programs, among other duties.
To ensure success as a computer assistant, you should be able to efficiently troubleshoot and diagnose issues and have a broad knowledge of the latest developments in computer technology. An outstanding computer assistant can communicate technical language to customers in laymen's terms and implement cost-effective solutions to technical problems.
Computer Assistant Responsibilities:
- Responding to customer requests and emergencies as needed.
- Monitoring computer systems for malfunctions and errors.
- Performing maintenance and updates on hardware and software systems as needed.
- Installing new hardware such as computers, servers, and other peripherals.
- Installing and updating software such as MS Office, antivirus, and operating systems.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing technical issues.
- Implementing repairs and updates based on diagnostic assessments.
- Generating error, diagnostic, and repair reports.
- Providing customers with training on the operation and maintenance of various computer systems.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in hardware, software, protocols, and diagnostic techniques.
Computer Assistant Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar.
- CompTIA A+ or Network+ certification preferred.
- Minimum of one year's experience in information technology preferred.
- Valid driver's license and own transport preferred.
- Capable of working on a variety of operating systems including Windows, Apple IOS, and Linux.
- Sound knowledge of IT hardware including computers, servers, and other peripherals.
- Excellent understanding of software systems including network, enterprise, and office programs.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service even in stressful situations.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Willingness to travel, work after hours, and on the weekends.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources