Computer assistants are technical specialists who assist clients with the installation, maintenance, and proper operation of computer and IT systems. They ensure that computer systems are performing correctly, and resolve technical issues through diagnostic and troubleshooting techniques.
When interviewing computer assistants, the best candidates will have a broad knowledge of hardware and software technology and excellent problem-solving abilities. Be wary of candidates who lack good customer service skills or critical thinking abilities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Computer Assistants:
1. Which operating systems have you worked with?
Assesses the candidate's experience.
2. What methods would you use when diagnosing internet connectivity issues?
Explores the knowledge of diagnostic protocols and techniques.
3. How would you translate technical information into layman's terms for customers?
Evaluates the candidate's communication and interpersonal skills.
4. How would you handle a technical issue that you couldn't resolve?
Explores the candidate's problem-solving abilities and willingness to improve their skills.
5. What was the most difficult technical issue you faced and how did you resolve it?
Assesses the candidate's technical skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources