A Comptroller is a senior-level executive who oversees a company's accounting department. Also known as Chief Accounting Officer, Controller, Corporate Controller or Finance Controller.
Comptroller Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented Comptroller to maintain and strengthen our company's internal controls. The Comptroller will ensure quality of financial transactions and reporting, develop our financial well-being and play a leading role in financial decision-making. You will provide senior management with strategic financial input, and oversee the overall accounting processes. You will ensure accuracy in all our financial activities.
To ensure success you need to give management sound advice, and manage accounting activities with the aim of visibly reducing costs. Top candidates are confident, analytical and positive.
- Developing and forecasting budgets under direction of CFO.
- Implementing finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Determining effect of potential business decisions on financial policy.
- Collaborating as company representative with business partners.
- Cooperating with business units and support functions across company.
- Ensuring prompt and accurate month-end and year-end close processes.
- Preparing timely financial statements.
- Reporting variances.
- Overseeing accounting operations such as accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger entries.
- Ensuring compliance with company and statutory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or finance.
- 5+ years related work experience.
- Proficient with QuickBooks and Salesforce.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to provide financial projections.