A Comptroller is a company's accounting department manager, and a senior-level executive. Ideal candidates are driven, flexible and have strong people skills. Avoid negative, lethargic candidates.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Comptroller Interview Questions
1. Could you tell me how QuickBooks and Salesforce have benefited you in previous positions?
The potential hire's answer will demonstrate their experience with these applications, and will reveal more background regarding their experience.
2. Do you have the ability to meet deadlines, and why would you say so?
Listen carefully for the candidate to convince you of their ability to meet deadlines.
3. Could you give me examples from past experience where you proved to be detail-oriented?
The candidate's answer will show their ability to pay attention to detail—a quality that ensures Controllers save companies time and money.
4. How would you ensure our company's compliance with statutory requirements?
The potential hire will demonstrate their knowledge of applicable laws and regulations in their answer.
5. What role did you play in saving your previous employer costs?
The candidate's answer will display their ability to save your company costs.