Controllers manage accounting department operations by optimizing processes, implementing and enforcing controls, delegating responsibilities, and supervising department activities. Strong candidates will be analytical and attentive. Avoid those who lack management or interpersonal skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Controllers
1. How do you prepare the department for major projects? How do you balance the project with daily tasks?
Shows planning skills.
2. Describe some of the controls you’ve implemented. What impact did they have?
Tests ability to improve processes.
3. An executive wants to make a financial move you didn’t agree with. How do you handle this?
Demonstrates communication skills.
4. You receive confidential information that greatly impacts your team. What do you do with it? Why?
Shows candidate is trustworthy.
5. What has been your greatest accomplishment? Greatest challenge?
Reveals more about work history.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources