Interview Questions for Controllers:
1. How do you prepare the department for major projects? How do you balance the project with daily tasks?
Shows planning skills.
2. Describe some of the controls you’ve implemented. What impact did they have?
Tests the ability to improve processes.
3. An executive wants to make a financial move you didn’t agree with. How do you handle this?
Demonstrates communication skills.
4. You receive confidential information that greatly impacts your team. What do you do with it? Why?
Shows candidate is trustworthy.
5. What has been your greatest accomplishment? Greatest challenge?
Reveals more about work history.