Also known as procurement managers, commodity managers are responsible for monitoring financial markets and using the information to source and purchase commodities. Their objectives are to oversee the smooth operation of a company's supply chain and ensure that any commodity-related issues are resolved.
When interviewing commodity managers, the best candidate will be an excellent negotiator with a keenness for dealing with business risks and opportunities. Be wary of candidates with limited knowledge of commodity market trends.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Commodity Managers:
1. What techniques would you use to create a new inventory strategy to optimize a company's supply chain?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge of supply chain procedures and inventory strategies.
2. How would you keep up with financial markets that influence commodity prices?
Tests the candidate's understanding of financial markets and their role in commodity management.
3. What are your criteria for selecting new suppliers and vendors?
Highlights the candidate's problem-solving skills and understanding of supplier relationships.
4. What strategies would you use to motivate subordinate personnel such as warehouse staff and contractors?
Demonstrates the candidate's interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a variety of staff members.
5. What has been your biggest achievement in your procurement career?
Reveals the candidate's idea of success in commodity management.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources