Interview Questions for Commodity Managers:
1. What techniques would you use to create a new inventory strategy to optimize a company's supply chain?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge of supply chain procedures and inventory strategies.
2. How would you keep up with financial markets that influence commodity prices?
Tests the candidate's understanding of financial markets and their role in commodity management.
3. What are your criteria for selecting new suppliers and vendors?
Highlights the candidate's problem-solving skills and understanding of supplier relationships.
4. What strategies would you use to motivate subordinate personnel such as warehouse staff and contractors?
Demonstrates the candidate's interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a variety of staff members.
5. What has been your biggest achievement in your procurement career?
Reveals the candidate's idea of success in commodity management.