Interview Questions for Commercial Underwriters:
1. How would you go about obtaining the medical and claim history of a client?
Tests the candidate's investigative and interpersonal skills.
2. When looking at a client's claim history, what would make you decline an application?
Assesses the candidate's analytical skills and attention to detail.
3. Do you think insurance companies are too strict in their risk assessment?
Reveals the candidate's appetite for risk and knowledge of the industry.
4. If you could suggest one addition we could make to our product offering, what would it be?
Examines the candidate's knowledge of the company and customer needs.
5. What recommendations would you make to a broker whose customer is uninsurable?
Tests the candidate's initiative and knowledge of alternative product ranges.