Actuarial Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated actuarial analyst with a strong statistics background to join our team. You will be using statistical modeling to analyze data relating to mortality, accidents, retirement, finance, etc. Other responsibilities include reporting to actuaries, providing technical support, and verifying the validity of data sources.
Successful candidates will be those who demonstrate exceptional critical thinking, possess a working knowledge of statistical analysis software, and can communicate complex statistical findings in an easy-to-understand way.
Actuarial Analyst Responsibilities:
- Using advanced statistics and modeling to understand data.
- Assisting actuaries with technical support and analysis.
- Producing reports on analysis findings.
- Identifying liabilities and risks.
- Identifying trends.
- Helping to design and price insurance policies.
- Verifying data sources.
- Identifying new sources of data.
- Developing processes for improved data analysis and reporting.
Actuarial Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, or actuarial science.
- Exceptional mathematical and statistical knowledge and understanding.
- Experience with spreadsheets and databases.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis programs such as Insightful S-PLUS and Wolfram Research Mathematica.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- General understanding of computers and electronics.
- Basic knowledge of laws, legal codes, regulations, etc.
- Basic understanding of business and finance.