Commercial Loan Officer Job Description Template
We are seeking a resourceful commercial loan officer to process loan applications. In this role, your duties will include advising clients on different loan options and assessing financial information. You may also collaborate with other financial institutions on preparing loan packages for clients who require extensive commercial loans.
To ensure success as a commercial loan officer, you should possess solid knowledge of regulations governing loan applications and experience in a similar role. A first-class commercial loan officer will be someone who can combine sound judgment with professional expertise in processing commercial loan applications.
Commercial Loan Officer Responsibilities:
- Consulting with managers about credit policies, credit lines, standards, and procedures.
- Advising clients on suitable loan and credit options.
- Obtaining and assessing financial information, including financial statements and credit histories.
- Collaborating with other financial institutions in setting up loan packages for extensive loans.
- Performing due diligence on the lending process from application to closing documentation.
- Liaising between borrowers and underwriting departments.
- Negotiating payment arrangements and preparing delinquent loan reports.
- Training and supervising loan administrators.
- Documenting procedures and maintaining hardcopy and electronic records of loan agreements.
- Keeping abreast of amendments to loan policies, lending procedures, and regulations.
Commercial Loan Officer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or in a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in loan servicing software, such as LaserPro and Finflux.
- In-depth knowledge of loan policies and lending procedures.
- Experience in advising loan applicants and assessing loan applications.
- Extensive experience in reviewing financial information.
- Ability to collaborate with senior managers and external stakeholders.
- Advanced ability to negotiate payment plans and report delinquincy.
- Ability to train and supervise loan administrators, as well as liaise between departments.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.