Commercial Construction Project Managers plan and supervise commercial construction processes. Commercial Construction Project Managers negotiate contracts, secure building permits, and work both off and onsite to ensure the team stays on schedule and that they have adequate resources.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Commercial Construction Project Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a self-assured, reliable Commercial Construction Project Manager to supervise all the company's commercial projects. The Commercial Construction Project Manager will be tasked with directing and coordinating the construction team and all subcontractors, ensuring tools, equipment, and material are available, preparing reports, negotiating contracts, and analyzing risks. You should be able to work well within a team and also liaise with external vendors.
To be successful as a Commercial Construction Project Manager, you should have in-depth knowledge of construction management and also be familiar with health and safety regulations. A top candidate should have an analytical mind, superb organizational skills, and good negotiation strategies.
Commercial Construction Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Negotiating the best contracts to ensure maximum profitability.
- Obtaining relevant permits and licenses.
- Determining the necessary resources (time, cost, labor, materials) for each project.
- Hiring staff and contractors.
- Providing guidance and supervision as required.
- Assessing the progress and performance of all workers involved.
- Performing detailed analyses and drawing up reports for relevant stakeholders.
- Ensuring compliance with all building, safety, and governmental regulations.
Commercial Construction Project Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or similar.
- Relevant certification may be required.
- Advanced understanding of construction processes, principles, materials, and tools.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Great time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources