Clinical Trial Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized clinical trial manager to implement and oversee projects, and to ensure the quality of trials. The clinical trial manager collaborates with the clinical project manager to review budgets, make changes where necessary, and outline projects together with the client and clinical monitoring team. The clinical trial manager regularly visits clinical trial investigators, issues them supplies, such as case report forms and investigational product, and oversees clinical research associate travel expenses and timesheets. You will gather case report forms and ascertain their quality, and collaborate with clinical trial investigators to write final technical reports.
To be successful in this role you need to ensure the project meets the client's goals within budget and on time. Top candidates are proficient multitaskers, client-oriented, and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
Clinical Trial Manager Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with Project Manager to set targets for clinical monitoring staff, and ensuring the recording of trial in compliance with project goals.
- Creating and implementing study-specific clinical monitoring tools and documents.
- Creating and overseeing the trial budget.
- Identifying, enlisting, and choosing sites, and coordinating site management activities.
- Coordinating and supervising clinical monitoring team.
- Providing Clinical Research Associates with project-specific training and having regular meetings with them.
- Recording and sharing interactions with clients, and acting as their representative.
- Arranging and overseeing site visits.
- Gathering and examining trial documents.
- Assuring compliance with SOPs and local regulations, and CFR, ICH, and GCP guidelines.
Clinical Trial Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or life sciences.
- 3+ years of work experience for a pharmaceutical company or related field.
- Proficient understanding of marketing and statistics.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties.
- Understanding of Electronic Data Capture (EDC).
- Available to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.