Clinical Analysts install, manage, and optimize computer systems for hospitals and medical facilities. They ensure these networks run smoothly and are maintained and upgraded when necessary. They are also known as Clinical Systems Analysts and Clinical Data Managers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Clinical Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a motivated and competent Clinical Analyst to manage our computer systems and help to optimize our workflow. You will be responsible for developing and installing networks and software, training medical staff on how to use information systems correctly, supervise a team of data management staff, analyze clinical data, identify areas for improvement, and provide system upgrades and maintenance.
To excel in this role, you should have demonstrable experience and knowledge of computer systems and databases, strong organizational skills, and the ability to supervise and communicate effectively with medical staff and computer technicians.
- Design, develop, and install computer systems, databases, and software to store clinical data.
- Capture and process clinical data, including entry, verification, filing, and protection of information.
- Analyze clinical data to optimize workflow, and ensure that technical documentation and reports are processed.
- Train hospital and medical staff on how to use computer systems and capture data correctly for future analysis.
- Supervise and train data technicians on technical procedures and software usage to ensure productivity and accuracy.
- Perform regular system upgrades, quality control checks, and equipment maintenance to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Communicate with medical personnel to determine data analysis and classification requirements.
- Develop and prepare training tools, user manuals, and standard operating procedures.
- Keep up to date on database technology and best practices.
- Comply with organization rules, as well as local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Life Science, or related field.
- At least 3 - 6 years experience in data management required.
- Knowledge of SQL programming may be required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Cloud platforms, and other software technologies.
- Ability to analyze data using statistical software according to strict timelines.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Adherence to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and other regulatory practices and laws.