Clinic Assistants are healthcare providers who assist medical professionals with patient management, basic diagnostic tests, and recordkeeping. They may work at clinics, outpatient programs, or other medical facilities, ensuring a pleasant experience and a high level of care.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Clinic Assistant Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly capable and friendly Clinic Assistant to create a positive patient experience at our facility. In this role, you will be responsible for obtaining patient information and providing guidance on clinic procedures. You may also be required to perform minor diagnostic procedures and to sterilize equipment.
To ensure success, Clinic Assistant should exhibit a proactive approach toward ensuring excellent patient care. Outstanding candidates have clinic administration experience and are able to follow detailed instructions.
Clinic Assistant Responsibilities:
- Creating a positive experience by welcoming and assisting clinic patients.
- Preparing patient files by obtaining personal and health information.
- Maintaining patient data records for evaluation and health insurance purposes.
- Performing minor diagnostic tests and procedures as directed by healthcare professionals.
- Promoting patient safety by maintaining a clean and hygienic environment.
- Mediating between patients and healthcare providers.
- Guiding patients through the clinic's various facilities and procedures.
- Setting up and stocking examination and procedure rooms.
- Sterilizing medical equipment and sanitizing designated areas.
Clinic Assistant Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Diploma, Certificate or Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting, or similar.
- Clinical Assistant Certification accredited by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) preferred.
- Experience with clinical procedures such as specimen collection and diagnostic testing.
- Ability to record, monitor, and report a patient's condition to professional personnel.
- Knowledge of healthcare practices, standards, and medical terminology.
- Advanced record-keeping abilities and proficiency in related software, such as Cliniko and Kareo.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to assist and reassure patients.
- Ability to prioritize and perform mutliple tasks as directed by healthcare professionals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources