Clerical Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to join our team as a clerical assistant. The responsibilities of the clerical assistant include answering and directing calls, sorting the daily mail, maintaining filing systems, and typing up forms and other copy.
To be a successful clerical assistant, you should have excellent organizational and administrative skills. Ultimately, a top-notch clerical assistant should have good communication skills, strong telephone etiquette, and great computer skills.
Clerical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Answering and directing calls, taking messages, and making phone calls on behalf of the company.
- Sorting and distributing the daily mail, sending out bills, and arranging pickups for packages.
- Using office equipment to check emails, send faxes, make copies, and update computer databases.
- Typing forms, correspondence, memos, and other materials.
- Sorting, filing, and maintaining filing systems for efficient recordkeeping and easy retrieval.
- Maintaining inventory on office supplies.
- Completing assignments and projects according to instructions from supervisors.
- Overseeing and helping out new hires, office temps, or part-time students.
Clerical Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of an administrative course may be advantageous.
- A minimum of 1 year office experience may be preferred.
- Competency with computers, physical and digital filing systems, and typing.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and maths skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Professionalism, discretion, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.