Interview Questions for City Planners:
1. How do you determine the way a building, or a road, may impact a city?
Tests planning ability.
2. How do you stay up to date with the latest technologies, building and zoning codes, and environmental regulations?
Illustrates continuous training and professional development.
3. How do you ensure you display plans in a clear and engaging way, which the community can understand and support?
Tests interpersonal skills.
4. How do you resolve conflicts between stakeholders, such as citizens, land developers, and engineers?
Displays conflict-resolution skills.
5. Which mapping platforms do you use to assist the planning process?
Demonstrates an ability to use online software applications.