Also known as Urban Planners, City Planners strive to design and plan urban infrastructures that will improve the layout and functioning of cities for their citizens and communities.
When interviewing City Planners, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate a passion for urban development and will have detailed knowledge of urban design principles. Avoid candidates that do not display exceptional project management and interpersonal skills.
Interview Questions for City Planners:
1. How do you determine the way a building, or a road, may impact a city?
Tests planning ability.
2. How do you stay up to date with the latest technologies, building and zoning codes, and environmental regulations?
Illustrates continuous training and professional development.
3. How do you ensure you display plans in a clear and engaging way, which the community can understand and support?
Tests interpersonal skills.
4. How do you resolve conflicts between stakeholders, such as citizens, land developers, and engineers?
Displays conflict-resolution skills.
5. Which mapping platforms do you use to assist the planning process?
Demonstrates an ability to use online software applications.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources