Cisco network engineers are network administrators who develop and maintain networks using products from Cisco. They create and configure networks, troubleshoot issues, and ensure network security.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Cisco Network Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced Cisco network engineer to implement and maintain Cisco networks for our clients. As a Cisco network engineer, you will be responsible for installing Cisco networks, troubleshooting issues, maintaining security, and training end-users on Cisco networking products.
To ensure success, you should have extensive experience with network installations, good communication skills, and experience with end-user training. Ultimately, a top-rate Cisco network engineer should be able to and deploy and maintain scalable and secure networks that perfectly meet the needs of the client.
Cisco Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Analyzing existing hardware, software, and networking systems.
- Creating and implementing scalable Cisco networks according to client specifications.
- Testing and troubleshooting installed Cisco systems.
- Resolving technical issues with networks, hardware, and software.
- Performing speed and security tests on installed networks.
- Applying network security upgrades.
- Upgrading/replacing hardware and software systems when required.
- Creating and presenting networking reports.
- Training end-users on installed Cisco networking products.
Cisco Network Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, networking administration, information technology, or a similar field.
- CCIE or CCE certification.
- At least 5 years' experience as a network engineer.
- Detailed knowledge of Cisco networking systems.
- Experience with storage engineering, wide-area networking, and network virtualization.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to identify, deploy, and manage complex networking systems.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with end-user training.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources