Network Technicians install, configure, and evaluate an organization's network infrastructure, ensuring that it operates efficiently, and that any issues which occur are resolved quickly.
When interviewing Network Technician candidates, look for people with a solid understanding of all the various principles and technologies involved in a networked system. Be wary of candidates with poor interpersonal skills, as the role often requires face-to-face interaction with co-workers to resolve their technical issues.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Network Technicians:
1. What are the four TCP/IP layers, and how do they work?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of network technologies, as well as their ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely.
2. A co-worker cannot log into their computer one day. What steps would you take to troubleshoot this?
Tests the candidate's ability to diagnose and resolve a technical support issue.
3. What questions would you ask us to determine which RAID configuration is best for our data storage?
Tests the candidate's communication and listening skills, as well as their understanding of best practices for data storage.
4. What's been one of the biggest challenges you've overcome while installing or supporting a company's network?
Tests the candidate's problem-solving skills and perseverance.
5. How would you handle a long queue of technical support issues you've been tasked with?
Tests the candidate's time management and organizational skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources