Chief Development Officers ensure the development and success of non-profit and educational organizations. Successful candidates will have proven management experience, strong leadership skills, and a passion for philanthropy. Avoid those who lack direction and appropriate knowledge and experience.
Chief Development Officer Interview Questions
1. Can you describe your approach to building an effective developing function?
Demonstrates prior experience, knowledge, and work style.
2. Share with us an example of a successful solicitation for funds. Can you tell us about the process from conceptualization to the final outcome?
Reveals understanding of fund development and ability to attain donors.
3. How would you explain why our organization is important to a potential donor?
Tests interpersonal skills and understanding of philanthropy principles.
4. Tell us about a time when a fund development project was unsuccessful. What what did you learn from the experience?
Shows candidate is accountable, resilient, and able to modify work functions.
5. What measures do you take to evaluate the effectiveness of fundraising?
Shows analytical thinking and ability to implement performance measures and assess results.