Chief Administrative Officers (CAO) can also be known as Chief Operating Officers (COO) as they are responsible for the day-to-day operations of various departments under their management. CAOs coordinate and supervise inter-departmental operations, manage contracts and negotiations, and work with a team of top-level executives.
When interviewing Chief Administrative Officers, look for candidates who demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills, as well as a sound working knowledge of business operations and government regulations. Be aware of candidates who demonstrate a lack of team-working skills and poor interpersonal skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Chief Administrative Officers:
1. How do you organize and prioritize your work?
Demonstrates candidates' organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects.
2. Can you describe a positive and negative experience with team coordination and how you handled it?
Look for candidates who provide examples of success and failure and demonstrate the ability to handle both. Take note of candidates who gloss over negative experiences or who were unable to learn from their mistakes.
3. How would you organize a diverse group of people to accomplish a task?
Look for candidates who demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, as well as strong leadership abilities.
4. What do you believe is key to ensuring a business follows government regulations?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of business and government legislation, as well as creative thinking skills.
5. Can you describe a time when you planned, controlled, and administered a budget for a project?
Look for candidates who demonstrate strong administrative and leadership skills, as well as experience in budget administration.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources