Director of Administration Interview Questions
1. What techniques do you use to resolve employee conflict?
Look for candidates that demonstrate effective conflict resolution techniques, diplomacy, and tact. Candidates should also demonstrate problem-solving abilities.
2. How would you convince senior executives to accept strategies or business advice you are sure will work but they are not comfortable with?
Look for candidates that demonstrate good communication, persuasion, and motivational skills.
3. What are the best ways to monitor employee performance?
Look for candidates that highlight the correct employee performance and appraisal mechanisms.
4. What is the key to drafting and working with a successful budget?
Look for candidates that demonstrate a talent for numbers and can prioritize business activities.
5. In your experience, what is the key to assembling a good and productive team?
Look for candidates that highlight good team selection techniques. Candidates should also demonstrate that strong teams are built around individuals with skills and traits that complement those of other team members.