The Chef de Cuisine, also known as the Executive Chef or Head Chef, is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of restaurant and hotel kitchens, ensuring that all food served meets the highest quality standards.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Chef de Cuisine Job Description Template
We are looking for an admirable Chef de Cuisine to lead and inspire our kitchen staff in the creation of culinary masterpieces. The Chef de Cuisine will be responsible for designing the menu, hiring and training kitchen staff, collaborating with restaurant management, optimizing staff productivity, and stepping in to help wherever needed.
To ensure success, you should have excellent leadership skills with experience managing a team of kitchen staff in a high-pressure environment. Top candidates are creative individuals with a passion for great food and excellent service.
Chef de Cuisine Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all food meets the highest quality standards and is served on time.
- Planning the menu and designing the plating presentation for each dish.
- Coordinating kitchen staff, and assisting them as required.
- Hiring and training staff to prepare and cook all the menu items.
- Stocktaking ingredients and equipment, and placing orders as needed.
- Enforcing best practices for safety and sanitation in the kitchen.
- Creating new recipes to regularly update the menu.
- Keeping track of new trends in the industry.
- Incorporating feedback from restaurant staff and patrons to make improvements or resolve issues.
Chef de Cuisine Requirements:
- Qualification from a culinary school.
- 5+ years experience in a similar position.
- In-depth knowledge of food principles and best practices.
- Passion for creating incredible food that delights and attracts customers.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment.
- Creative, innovative thinking.
- Exceptional standards for cleanliness, health and safety.
- Experience managing inventories and stocktaking.
- Available to work on call, shifts, after hours, over weekends and on holidays.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources