Interview Questions for Chefs de Cuisine:
1. What’s your favorite dish that you’ve invented?
The best candidates are excited and passionate about what they do, and this question allows you to gauge their creativity and personal taste.
2. Could you give an example of when you went beyond the call of duty?
Look for candidates who are willing to go the extra mile to ensure your restaurant delivers exceptional food and service.
3. How do you maintain the cold chain when you receive delivery of food supplies?
As an enforcer of health and safety, the candidate needs to demonstrate an understanding of best practices for handling and storing food supplies.
4. How would you deal with a cook who makes a mistake while preparing food?
Look for candidates who demonstrate excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills. Chefs de Cuisine should also do everything in their power to minimize setbacks in their kitchen.
5. Can you tell us about a time when you changed a dish based on feedback?
The ideal candidate is always open to constructive criticism and constantly seeking new ways to improve their recipes and preparation processes.