Certified Medication Aide Job Description Template
We are searching for a qualified and self-motivated certified medication aide to join our medical facility. You will perform a variety of patient care duties including administering medication, reporting changes, collecting samples, and recording medication dosages.
The ideal medication aide will be extremely detail-oriented and possess in-depth knowledge of patient care procedures. Providing excellent patient care is a vital part of this job, which is why excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed.
Certified Medication Aide Responsibilities:
- Deliver routine daily medications, either prescription or non-prescription, to patients.
- Coordinate with different nurses to assist with patient care and medications.
- Follow written or verbal instructions on how to manage medications.
- Record medication dosages and times.
- Observe patients and document changes in their condition.
- Gather samples for analysis.
- Ensure equipment is routinely inspected and cleaned.
- Uphold all health and safety standards.
- Respond to patient emergency call signals, bells, or intercom systems to identify patient needs.
Certified Medication Aide Requirements:
- High school diploma or relevant qualification.
- Must be a certified medication aide.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a medication aide.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of medical and pharmacological terminology.