Carpet Installer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled carpet installer to expertly remove and install carpets for our clients. As a carpet installer, you will be responsible for meeting with clients to discuss their carpeting needs, providing quotes, and installing new carpets to the desired specifications. You may also be required to remove and dispose of old flooring.
To ensure success as a carpet installer, you should have in-depth knowledge of carpet fitting techniques, a good eye for detail, and excellent physical health. A top-class carpet installer provides accurate quotes and quickly installs carpets to high industry standards.
Carpet Installer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to assess their carpeting needs.
- Laying out carpet samples for customer selection.
- Measuring rooms and drawing up specifications for the carpets.
- Providing clients with accurate quotes based on room size and stock prices.
- Ordering stock from the warehouse and arranging an installation day with the client.
- Processing service orders and stock notes.
- Removing old carpeting and flooring.
- Rolling out, measuring, and cutting carpets to size.
- Gluing or stapling carpets to the floor, stairs, or wall.
- Finishing edges with a wall trimmer and correcting imperfections.
Carpet Installer Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous work experience as a carpet installer.
- Good analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with hand and power tools.
- Ability to work standing, kneeling, and crouching for extended periods.