Canvassers are sales-oriented people who approach the public in order to gather information, make sales, or influence actions for a company or organization. They mainly work door-to-door or in malls, talking to people about the company's products or organization's ideals. Their duties may also include gathering signatures or swaying opinions.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Canvasser Job Description Template
We are looking for an enthusiastic Canvasser to talk to the public about our new range of products. As a Canvasser, you will be responsible for approaching people in malls, at home, and on the street, and telling them about our product(s) and its uses. We may also require you to sell our products first-hand and attend events, such as county fairs and expos, where our product(s) will be displayed.
To ensure success as a Canvasser, you should have excellent interpersonal skills, a strong background in sales, and the ability to provide information on a range of products. Ultimately, a top-notch Canvasser is someone who can intimately relate to people face-to-face and sell the company products or ideas without coming across as aggressive.
- Memorizing and reciting sales scripts or statements prepared by the employer.
- Driving to Canvassing locations.
- Approaching and talking to people in malls, on the street, and in their homes about the company or organization.
- Displaying knowledge of the product or organization and attempting to sway opinions.
- Obtaining signatures and personal information for electoral parties and businesses.
- Making cold calls from the office.
- Answering questions about the company product, party leader or organization.
- Attending rallies, shows, fairs, and other industry-related events.
- Maintaining a professional appearance.
- Meeting quotas set out by the company or organization.
- Recruiting and training new Canvassers.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous work experience as a Canvasser.
- Sales experience preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to sell ideas or products and sway opinions.
- Ability to work after-hours and on weekends.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Ability to work outdoors.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources