Canvassers are people who inform the public about company products, organization ideals or political campaigns. They are often required to walk door-to-door or cold-call and sell products or gather signatures for the company or organization.
When interviewing Canvassers, the most suitable candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to relate detailed information about the company in a concise and friendly manner. Be wary of candidates who are unwilling to approach the public directly, anyone not able to work after-hours, and those who cannot walk or stand for long periods.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Canvassers:
1. How would you describe your interpersonal skills?
Displays the candidate’s skills in dealing with people face-to-face.
2. What techniques do you use to influence public perception of a product or organization?
Demonstrates the candidate’s full set of skills for the position.
3. Why did you decide to work as a Canvasser?
Indicates a passion for sales and the desire to work closely with the public.
4. What Canvassing campaign are you most proud of and why?
Shows previous work experience and highlights candidate's skills.
5. How do you deal with rude and arrogant people when you Canvass?
Demonstrates how the candidate deals with stressful situations.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources