C Developers are responsible for developing the code that integrates into base operating systems, kernel modules, and embedded systems for other high-level languages. C is a general-purpose language that is considered niche in modern-day programming, and as such requires specialized developers to write the code.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
C Developer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled C Developer to join our dynamic IT team. Your primary responsibility will be to develop and code C modules and embedded systems for high-level languages that are reliable and easy to maintain. You may also be required to implement performance modules, identify bottlenecks, and fix bugs.
To ensure success as a C Developer, you should be proficient in C and C++ languages, exhibit strong problem-solving skills, and have a good understanding of code versioning tools. Ultimately, a top-notch C Developer can create clean, reusable code that perfectly integrates with other higher-level languages such as Java, Go, Node.js, and Python.
C Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the IT and design team to discuss application requirements.
- Designing and building reliable and clean C code.
- Developing kernel modules, libraries, and embedded systems for other high-level languages.
- Implementing quality and performance modules.
- Identifying bottlenecks or bugs and troubleshooting integration issues.
- Testing code quality and durability.
- Maintaining the automation and quality of the code.
C Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Proven work experience as a C Developer.
- Proficiency in C and C++.
- Knowledge of high-level leagues including Java, Python, Go and Node.js.
- Familiarity with language tools such as Valgrind and Lint.
- Good understanding of code versioning tools such as SVN, Mercurial, and Git.
- Knowledge of systems design and low-level hardware interactions.
- In-depth knowledge of STL and BOOST.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to project manage.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources