Budtenders are employed by medical or recreational cannabis dispensaries to assist customers with their purchases. They recommend suitable cannabis products to customers, address customers' concerns, and ensure that sales floors are adequately stocked.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Budtender Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a knowledgeable and experienced Budtender to assist customers in selecting suitable cannabis products. The responsibilities of the Budtender include greeting and welcoming customers, informing the manager of customer complaints and operational issues, and sharing firsthand experiences of cannabis products to address customer concerns. You should also be able to answer customers’ questions regarding the different strains of cannabis, their medicinal uses, and methods of consumption.
To be successful as a Budtender, you should keep abreast of the latest developments in cannabis laws to maintain legal compliance. Ultimately, and outstanding Budtender should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills by ensuring that customers are well-informed and satisfied with their purchases.
- Advising customers on suitable cannabis products based on their needs, preferences, budgets, and reactions to different strains of cannabis.
- Keeping abreast of new cannabis products on the market as well as the latest industry trends through trade shows and research.
- Processing customers' payments using the dispensary's Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Ensuring that the dispensary is clean and well-organized at all times.
- Educating customers on the safe use of their selected cannabis products.
- Correctly weighing, packaging, and labeling cannabis products as required.
- Checking customers' identification documents to verify that they are of legal age.
- Taking inventory of cannabis products and ensuring that the sales floor is adequately stocked.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience working as a Budtender.
- A valid marijuana worker's permit or license.
- Sound knowledge of cannabis strains and their medicinal benefits.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources