Bridal Stylists assist brides-to-be with bridal gown selections at bridal stores, bridal boutique shops, and wedding attire rental stores. Their duties include determining styling preferences, taking measurements, and selecting suitable gowns for fitting. They may also be required to advise on matching bridal accessories.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Bridal Stylist Job Description Template
We are seeking a talented Bridal Stylist to make our customers look and feel beautiful in our bridal gown selections. As a Bridal Stylist, you will consult with customers on their preferences, suggest bridal gown styles that complement their body shapes, and enhance the style of the gowns with accessories. Your duties will include arranging alterations when required.
To be successful as a Bridal Stylist, you should demonstrate experience in bridal styling and fashionable flair in your recommendations. Outstanding Bridal Stylists provide individualized and dedicated services to every customer and style them to perfection.
Bridal Stylist Responsibilities:
- Consulting with customers and determining bridal gown preferences and expectations.
- Informing customers about bridal gown styles, colors, and cuts to select from.
- Keeping track of bridal gown stock and their exact locations in the store.
- Taking accurate measurements to select suitable gowns for fitting.
- Recommending bridal gown styles and cuts that complement body shapes.
- Advising on bridal gown fabrics, along with their advantages and disadvantages.
- Accessorizing bridal gowns with decorative jewelry, veils, gloves, and headpieces.
- Assisting customers with gown fittings and alterations, when required.
- Scheduling follow-up fittings, as well as collections and deliveries.
- Advising bridal gown store managers on trends in bridal fashions and styling.
Bridal Stylist Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Certification in Bridal Styling, Fashion Design, or similar.
- 2 years of experience as a Bridal Stylist, Bridal Consultant, or similar.
- Previous experience in a sales environment would be advantageous.
- Exceptional ability in creating fashionable and stylish bridal ensembles.
- Proficiency in determining bridal gown preferences and meeting expectations.
- Extensive experience in recommending styles and fabrics for all body types.
- Proficiency in selecting style-enhancing bridal accessories.
- Extensive knowledge of bridal fashion trends and styles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources