Personal Stylists advise clients on how to create the most appropriate image for themselves. They select clothes, shoes, and accessories suited to clients’ needs and body types, and sometimes also help with hair and make-up choices. Personal Stylists typically work as freelancers and have flexible schedules.
When interviewing Personal Stylists, look for candidates who are innovative self-starters with a good eye for style. Be wary of those who seem rigid in their approach to fashion, are unwilling to accommodate individual preferences, and lack initiative.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Personal Stylists:
1. Can you tell me about how you selected your interview outfit?
Tests knowledge of style and wardrobe choices, and reveals communication skills.
2. Describe the most challenging person you have styled. What did you learn?
Reveals more about the candidate, their styling process, and willingness to learn.
3. Describe a celebrity whose style you admire. What makes them so well-dressed?
Tests the ability to identify good style choices.
4. Can you describe how you would go about selecting clothes for a new client?
Reveals style knowledge, as well as communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
5. What would you consider the most rewarding aspect of being a personal stylist?
Reveals interests, strengths, and may also highlight potential weaknesses.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources