Companies like Google aren't using these questions so much any more, but many companies are, and it may be good to prepare for them. The key to these isn't getting the exact answer, as it is showing how you would come up with an answer.
Common Brain Teaser Interview Questions:
- How many street lights are there in New York City?
- How many gas stations are there in the United States?
- How many golf balls can fit in a school bus?
- How much should you charge to wash all the windows in Seattle?
- Why are manhole covers round?
- How many times a day does a clock's hands overlap?
- How would you test a calculator?
- Describe the internet to someone who just woke up from a 30-year coma.
- How much does the Starbucks in Times Square bring in, in annual revenue?
- You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and thrown into a blender. Your mass is reduced so that your density is the same as usual. The blades start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
- How many golf balls are there in Florida?
What is a brain teaser interview question?
A brainteaser interview question is designed to test the candidate's mental fortitude and reveal their methods for working out problems.
What is an example of a brain teaser interview question?
How many gas stations are there in the United States?
What is the purpose of asking brain teaser interview questions?
The idea is to find out how the candidate approaches problems and reveals their thought processes when solving a complex puzzle.