Billing clerks create invoices, credit memos, update accounting records, customer information, and send payment reminders. They deal with customers, send them invoices and answer any queries.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Billing Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented, reliable Billing Clerk to correspond with customers regarding payments, issue invoices, and process credit memos. The Billing Clerk will also be tasked with updating accounting records with issued invoices, new payments, customer information, etc. You should be able to multitask, deal with customer concerns in a professional manner and assist the accounting department with the preparation of financial reports.
To be successful as a Billing Clerk, you should have a good grasp of accounting practices and strong organizational skills. An outstanding candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills and a knack for working with numbers.
Billing Clerk Responsibilities:
- Creating and issuing invoices to customers.
- Processing credit memos.
- Preparing account statements for customers.
- Following up on outstanding payments and answering customer queries.
- Monitoring all payments and preparing monthly billing reports.
- Managing account balances and resolving inconsistencies.
- Assisting the accounting department with the preparation of financial reports.
Updating accounting records with issued invoices, processed payments, new balances, and customer contact information.
Billing Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Previous experience as a billing clerk or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of accounting software such as Quickbooks.
- Working knowledge of accounting standards and relevant legal regulations.
- Strong communication, organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent math skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources