Bid managers create detailed proposals, known as bids, on behalf of companies to secure contracts. Their duties largely depend on the sector they work in and the size of the organization they work for, but they typically develop strategies, conduct research, perform risk assessments, and answer clients’ bid-related queries.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Bid Manager Job Description Template
We are searching for a level-headed bid manager to join our excellent team. In this role, you will identify opportunities for bid submissions, develop bid-winning strategies, conduct research, write and edit proposals, negotiate with stakeholders, and collaborate with other team members to ensure bid security.
A top-notch bid manager will be able to write effective proposals while adhering to budgetary and time constraints. Ideal candidates should demonstrate a sound understanding of the industry, and be able to communicate and negotiate with a range of stakeholders.
Bid Manager Responsibilities:
- Identifying opportunities for bid submissions and raising them with the bid management team.
- Conducting research and brainstorming key points to include in the bid.
- Crafting persuasive and detailed proposals.
- Performing risk assessments and addressing concerns of clients and company staff.
- Ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Liaising with suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Keeping track of all costs and managing budgets.
- Working closely with project managers, design managers, estimators, and senior personnel.
- Conducting team briefings once bids have been secured.
Bid Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, or another relevant discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in management or English.
- Experience as a bid writer is advantageous.
- Excellent industry knowledge and a willingness to keep up with trends.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deadline-driven and committed to excellence.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources