Bid Manager Job Description Template
We are searching for a level-headed bid manager to join our excellent team. In this role, you will identify opportunities for bid submissions, develop bid-winning strategies, conduct research, write and edit proposals, negotiate with stakeholders, and collaborate with other team members to ensure bid security.
A top-notch bid manager will be able to write effective proposals while adhering to budgetary and time constraints. Ideal candidates should demonstrate a sound understanding of the industry, and be able to communicate and negotiate with a range of stakeholders.
Bid Manager Responsibilities:
- Identifying opportunities for bid submissions and raising them with the bid management team.
- Conducting research and brainstorming key points to include in the bid.
- Crafting persuasive and detailed proposals.
- Performing risk assessments and addressing concerns of clients and company staff.
- Ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Liaising with suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Keeping track of all costs and managing budgets.
- Working closely with project managers, design managers, estimators, and senior personnel.
- Conducting team briefings once bids have been secured.
Bid Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, or another relevant discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in management or English.
- Experience as a bid writer is advantageous.
- Excellent industry knowledge and a willingness to keep up with trends.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deadline-driven and committed to excellence.