Behavioral Specialists are psychological counselors who specialize in treating individuals with behavioral issues that impair learning or social functions. They are usually employed by clinics, schools and government institutions.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Behavioral Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a qualified Behavioral Specialist to observe, assess and treat individuals with emotional or behavioral problems and disorders such as depression, anxiety, addiction, autism, ADHD, OCD, etc. The Behavioral Specialist will develop and implement treatment plans, maintain progress reports and provide support to the patients.
To be successful as a Behavioral Specialist, you should be patient, compassionate and have good communication skills. Top Behavioural Specialists also have excellent stress management and problem-solving skills.
Behavioral Specialist Responsibilities:
- Observing and assessing patients' behavior.
- Developing and implementing treatment plans to address behavioral issues.
- Supporting patients throughout the treatment process.
- Communicating with patients' teachers, caregivers, and families to implement treatment plans.
- Monitoring and recording treatment progress.
- Conducting assessments to determine patients' improvements.
- Maintaining patient records and treatment reports.
- Collaborating with other healthcare specialists and support organizations.
Behavioral Specialist Requirements:
- Degree in mental health, psychology or a related field.
- Experience and direct contact with patients and individuals with special needs.
- Strong working knowledge of behavioral theory and applied behavior analysis.
- Understanding of the characteristics and behaviors associated with disorders.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to handle intense emotional situations.
- Ability to apply behavioral principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent stress management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources