Barrister Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced barrister to provide expert advocacy for our clients. As a barrister, you will be responsible for taking instructions from solicitors or clients, undertaking legal research, advising and representing clients in court, presenting arguments, drafting legal documents, and negotiating settlements.
To ensure success as a barrister, you should have in-depth knowledge of legal proceedings, expert advocacy skills, and excellent research skills. A top-class Barrister provides valuable and reliable advocacy for clients to support their case in court.
- Meeting with solicitors and clients to discuss the case and advocacy proceedings.
- Interpreting and managing legal briefs.
- Conducting legal research pertaining to the case.
- Writing legal opinions for use in court.
- Advising clients and preparing legal documents.
- Representing clients in court.
- Presenting arguments and cross-examining witnesses.
- Writing and presenting case summaries.
- Negotiating settlements.
- Bachelor of Laws degree.
- Current legal experience as a Barrister.
- Licensed to practice law in the State.
- Advanced legal research skills.
- Knowledge of the judicial system and court practices.
- Previous experience providing advocacy in court.
- Excellent oral presentation and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.