Interview Questions for Banquet Servers:
1. How would you prepare a room for an event?
Demonstrates candidates' experience and knowledge of food service.
2. How would you handle a difficult or demanding guest?
Look for candidates who demonstrate good customer service and communication skills.
3. What would you do if you saw a fellow server struggling to keep up with his or her tables?
Look for candidates who demonstrate good team working skills. Take note of candidates who would try to do everything themselves, as that might lead to a drop in customer satisfaction.
4. If required to travel to different locations, how would you learn about the available amenities and services?
Demonstrates candidates' adaptability and willingness to provide the best customer service.
5. What is your favorite food and beverage pairing and why?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of fine dining or food service.