Banquet Servers are responsible for assisting and serving guests at special functions and events, assisting with preparation and clean up, and serving food and beverages. Banquet Servers are usually employed by catering services and hotels.
When interviewing Banquet Servers, look for candidates who demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills. Take note of candidates who demonstrate a lack of knowledge of fine dining or food service.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Banquet Servers:
1. How would you prepare a room for an event?
Demonstrates candidates' experience and knowledge of food service.
2. How would you handle a difficult or demanding guest?
Look for candidates who demonstrate good customer service and communication skills.
3. What would you do if you saw a fellow server struggling to keep up with his or her tables?
Look for candidates who demonstrate good team working skills. Take note of candidates who would try to do everything themselves, as that might lead to a drop in customer satisfaction.
4. If required to travel to different locations, how would you learn about the available amenities and services?
Demonstrates candidates' adaptability and willingness to provide the best customer service.
5. What is your favorite food and beverage pairing and why?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of fine dining or food service.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources