Banquet Captain Job Description Template
We are seeking a meticulous banquet captain to supervise and manage all banquet events for our company. As the banquet captain, you will be responsible for managing the staff schedule, ensuring that banquet operations run smoothly, and prioritizing the comfort and safety of our guests.
To be a successful banquet captain, you should have strong leadership skills and be able to manage multiple streams of information. Ultimately, a top-notch banquet captain should remain calm in highly stressful situations and demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills.
Banquet Captain Responsibilities:
- Welcoming guests upon their arrival and assisting them with their seating arrangements.
- Assisting managers and organizers with planning the layout and logistics of events.
- Setting up and managing staff shifts and timetables.
- Developing and providing staff with the necessary training, including customer service and serving etiquette.
- Managing the setup of events.
- Running the floor and coordinating the food and drink service by liaising with the kitchen and service staff.
- Monitoring the inventory of supplies, equipment, and furniture.
- Tending to guests' requests, questions, and complaints.
- Ensuring that the venue and facilities remain neat and clean.
- Ensuring that all applicable safety regulations are communicated and adhered to.
Banquet Captain Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Degree in hospitality or similar preferred.
- A minimum of three years' experience as a banquet captain or similar.
- Excellent leadership abilities and the ability to manage many staff members.
- Great time management and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- The ability to provide an excellent level of customer service, even in stressful situations.
- Physically fit with good stamina for physical tasks such as moving and lifting furniture and standing for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work long hours, irregular shifts, and on weekends and holidays.