Interview Questions for Avionics Technicians:
1. What is the most difficult electrical repair you have made?
Indicates the candidate's previous work experience.
2. How do you handle working under pressure?
Illustrates the candidate's ability to cope with the job pressures and with the knowledge that the crew's and passengers' safety depends on them.
3. Can you describe a time you successfully operated ground support?
Shows the candidate's ability to manage ground support and test equipment.
4. How would you calibrate a device that mainly operates by electronic principles?
Demonstrates the candidate's understanding of the job requirements and their ability to perform basic maintenance tests.
5. How would you go about diagnosing a problem if you did not have a manual?
Shows the candidate's analytical, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills.