Avionics technicians are responsible for the avionics equipment and electrical systems that power aircraft and spacecraft. They inspect, install, test, and repair these systems and ensure they all function as they should.
When interviewing avionics technicians, look for candidates who demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of electrical equipment, systems diagnostics, and aviation maintenance. Be wary of candidates who lack an understanding of aircraft systems and aviation safety practices and technology.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Avionics Technicians:
1. What is the most difficult electrical repair you have made?
Indicates the candidate's previous work experience.
2. How do you handle working under pressure?
Illustrates the candidate's ability to cope with the job pressures and with the knowledge that the crew's and passengers' safety depends on them.
3. Can you describe a time you successfully operated ground support?
Shows the candidate's ability to manage ground support and test equipment.
4. How would you calibrate a device that mainly operates by electronic principles?
Demonstrates the candidate's understanding of the job requirements and their ability to perform basic maintenance tests.
5. How would you go about diagnosing a problem if you did not have a manual?
Shows the candidate's analytical, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources